How long we've been waiting for Travel Call...

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Care Package sent to Max.

On Friday we mailed our care package to Max.  When I went to the post office to get the box to send it in the lady kept telling me they did NOT ship to Korea, Period.  We went several rounds of...this is going to South Korea, NOT North Korea.  She still did not believe me and kept looking in their database...I of course did not have the address with me, I was just picking up the box.  Then she found something in he database that said we could mail drop it to the country.  Which means to put it in a big bag with a bunch of other peoples packages and they throw it out of a plane.  This option was going to cost several hundred dollars.  Ummmm, no, we would not be doing this.  The she found 2 different Korea entries, but it did not differentiate North or South, she kept interchanging Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North) and Republic of Korea (South) and telling me we could send it to the North but not South and asked if I wanted to do that instead, Huh...no I don't want to send it to North Korea.  Finally, I told her I would check the website when I got home and if it says I can send it to South Korea, I would come back with the address.  Well just in case you were wondering...we can ship a package to South Korea!  Thank goodness, because we had some cute things to send to Max!

We sent some outfits, PJ's, a blanket, toy, mittens, pictures, a book with our voices reading it and a baby toothbrush (kind of a teether with a toothbrush on the end)  since he has 2 teeth at 7 months! We also sent some candy corn and kitchen towels for the foster family.


The mittens we sent, I actually made them!  I did not knit them, I sewed them.  One of the first things I actually completed with my developing sewing skills.  I actually made them from some fleece I had bought for another project and used one of Mark's old shirts for the fabric for the cuffs!


They are not perfect, but they were made with love for my Son! Not bad for a beginner.

The package should make it there in 5 to 10 business days and he should get it when he goes in the last week of November for his monthly well baby check.  Many times adoptive parents get new photos of their children with the contents of the care package, sometimes they are photographed with their foster mothers.  This would be a precious picture to have.  If we get new picture we will share them with everyone.
 

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your post because we had a round with our credit card company over the same thing! I had to remind myself . . . a lot of people aren't educated on geography and government, so I needed to be patient! You are more patient than me . . . I would have laughed in her face if she said the only option was dropping the package out of the plane! Very cute care package, Max will be stylin' in his new gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy mail lady! The mittens and hat are adorable! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the pics you get in return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Kristin! Great job on the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story about the post office is just insane! People send stuff to South Korea all the time. What what she talking about?!

    Cute stuff in the package! Loved the mittens, those look great!

    ReplyDelete