If you have not adopted or do not know many who have adopted you may not know how an adoption works. There are many steps that need to be taken before and after the child arrives home.
When someone announces that they are expecting a baby most people know how that goes...nine months, big belly, due date, ultrasounds, delivery, drugs or no drugs etc.
When you announce that you are adopting, most people do not know what that all entails, they see a baby coming to your house...but don't know how that happens or what steps must be taken after.
While I do not have all of the answers, I will try to do several posts to address some of the unique things about the adoption process, Korean adoption and other various issues as it relates to successful bonding and attachment.
I have a few ideas of what I want everyone to know, but am open to any questions or suggestions that anyone might have, or what they might want to know more about...please don't assume anything, questions are great, just leave a comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment