I posted a question on my adoption message board looking for advice and what others in this same situation have done. I got lots of responses, mostly others thought that I should buy one this year and one next year.
Shortly after this I got a message from another Adoptive Mom, Misty. She wanted to make an ornament for Max! She was already making one for her daughter that is waiting to come home and offered to make one for Max. I gladly accepted her offer and sent her our address. About a week later there was a big envelope in my mailbox, a very beautiful ornament with Max's picture on it. I did not know what to expect...but it surpassed my expectations. It was a wonderful gift, at a time of the year I am finding difficult to get through.
Here is a photo of the ornament on our tree: ( the picture does not do it justice)
It says:
Born in Our Hearts Our Blessing Max
Waiting for us in Korea 2010.
What a wonderful gift from one waiting momma to another. The Friends I have met during this journey have helped me in so many ways. I am truely thankful for the blessings of this support system! Thank you Misty!

That's beautiful. Brian and I just discussed whether or not to buy a 2009 ornament when they go on clearance in case our child was born in 2009 - he wasn't sure we should if we're not spending Christmas with our child. I love the ornament she made - it's perfect! Big hugs! Hoping Max is home with you soon!
ReplyDeleteVery cute ornament and so sweet of your adoption friend. I can't wait to see Max in your arms!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. ^___^ I'm glad you like it. Merry Christmas little prince Max, your parents love you very much.
ReplyDelete