How long we've been waiting for Travel Call...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A little get away

We celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary last Friday. We went away for a long weekend in Door County WI for a little rest, relaxation and escape from the day to day. I am amazed at how fast the last 6 years went, I keep telling myself the next 6 months will go just as fast!

The picture of us that we added to the blog is us in front of our favorite restaurant on our Anniversary, I am getting pretty good at taking pictures of us by just turning the camera around blind.

We had a nice time and got to stop at many of our favorite spots while we were there. I was happy to find a few adoption books in some of the shops. We got a cute one about what an adopted child does when she has to tell her life story as a class project. There is a very positive message at the end.






Even though we were escaping it all, our child remained in the forefront of our minds, even though we have yet to see his or her face for the first time.  The rest was nice and helped to focus on the important things in life.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the book! We just have to get it. I arrived at your blog via the list from the forum. We are waiting for a referral from South Korea as well. The "no map for this journey" is right on. This is our 2nd time around but little is familiar other than the wait, which is longer this time. Look forward to reading about your referral really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a wonderful, meaningful story to tell your little one someday. The wait, the anticipation, the long journey... it will mean so much when you share that with him or her. Know that our prayers continue for you to quickly reach the end of this long road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that book before -- we'll have to check it out!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a really nice time in Door County...its so beautiful there. Our 6 year anniversary is coming up next weekend.

    ReplyDelete