How long we've been waiting for Travel Call...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hobbies...some went great! Some not so much!

After I took my blogging break, prior to seeing Max's photo for the first time, I decided I needed a hobby or three.  I signed up for a knitting class, I drafted a fantasy football team and bought a sewing machine. 

KNITTING:

My knitting class took place in October, we got our referral for Max on October 4th, I was so scatterbrained I missed the first class.  I got behind, never really caught up and hated it.  The class was fun, wine was involved but knitting stressed me out! Our project was to make a dishcloth...here is the finished product. 

I know it is terrible...but we do use it.  Mark actually told me I should make more! Well if it gets him to do the dishes,  I may have to think about it?!?


FANTASY FOOTBALL:

I did have some help from Mark but I made all of the final decisions regarding my team.  I did pretty good for a Rookie.  I made it to the playoffs, but lost in the first round.  It at least kept me distracted every Sunday for the last few months!  That was the goal.

SEWING:

This was by far my greatest success!  I actually enjoyed it and made a few things I am really proud of.  I had made some Mittens for Max, that I sent in his care package.  I made myself some flannel PJ pants. And I liked it so much I decided to make all of the Nieces and Nephews pillows for Christmas with their first initial on it.  I got many compliments and was pretty pleased with myself! I plan to make a pillow for Max too with his name on it.

My nephew Connor, who is 5 years old, opened his pillow he excitedly asked me "How did you know my name starts with a C!"...I told him I was really smart ;) 

It was nice to have a few distractions while we wait for Max to come home.  We still have lots of things to do, but progress is being made. 

7 comments:

  1. This post cracks me up! The things we do to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Connor...what a character! What would we do without him for entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you teach me to make pillows?!? So cute! I need to pass some time. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

    Can't wait for Max to come HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nephew is hilarious! Love it! Sewing is a great hobby. And I personally prefer crocheting to knitting, goes much more quickly. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the double post but I was checking your timeline. When did you get P3? You should have that by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the knitting! I does get easier and knitting with wine is always a good thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found the web for your blog here. Really like it. Love the wash cloth too. Excited for you guys.
    Auntie Lynn

    ReplyDelete